The Story of Compassionate Life Foundation
God is at work all around us and He is just waiting for us to join Him!
Linda Mulanix (CLF Executive Director) began reading the book ‘Experiencing God’ by Henry Blackaby in August of 2000. After reading the book she began praying and earnestly asking God, “Show me where you’re at work so I can join you”. The Holy Spirit brought two words to her mind, Orphans and Widows. She got her bible out and turned to James 1:27. It was then that God wrote this verse on her heart. She often tells people, “It’s as though you could crack my chest open and there it is written on my heart”.
God teaches us truths that can change our lives
Through those verses God began teaching Linda that He is deeply in love with the outcast, the poor and the fatherless. God’s word shows his passion for the needy, scripture mentions time and time again the importance of caring for the poor and needy.
If you spend yourself in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden; like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:10,11)
God created us for a purpose
God invited Linda to join HIM in a significant way when she attended a simulcast called the ‘Big Change’ simulcast in March of 2004. One of the speakers that spoke that day was Bruce Wilkinson who wrote the book ‘Dream Giver’. He spoke of how God plants a dream in everyone’s heart, that HE creates us all for a purpose. It was during this message that Linda received God’s divine invitation to serve HIM in Swaziland, Africa!
God invites us to surrender to His will
Linda could have chosen to ignore what God had spoken to her heart and gone on with her life as usual but God had prepared her for that moment. She surrenders to His will and left for her first trip to Swaziland April, 2004. Hundreds of others have joined in the work since then and GOD’s BIGGER STORY continues! Big thanks to everyone for going, giving and praying!
The Board of Directors
Our amazing board of directors works to ensure that needs of the children, families, and communities that we support are met. This can be challenging at times as the needs are great. However, each member has a deep passion to see lives changed and hope restored.
If you'd like to invite us to speak please click the button below.
Kiel and Jamie Vanderhovel
Secretary and Board Member
Statement of Faith
- Compassionate Life holds to the statement of faith established by the National association of Evangelicals: We believe the bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. (Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enable the Christian to live a godly life. (Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (Revelation 20:11-15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. (Ephesians 1:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12,27)